Quality Catalogues Now Online For Goffs February Sale (Parts 1 and 2)
253 lots are catalogued for Part 1, comprising breeding stock, older horses and two-year-olds that will be offered as a live online auction on 9 and 10 February.
Part 2 features 223 weanlings and will be held as an onsite auction at Kildare Paddocks on Tuesday 2 March.
PART 1: BREEDING STOCK, OLDER HORSES, 2YOS 9-10 February 2021 as a live ONLINE sale The first day of the online sale opens with 89 two-year-olds by sires such as Australia, Belardo Churchill, Dandy Man, Decorated Knight, Footstepsinthesand, Make Believe, Mehmas, New Bay Oasis Dream, Starspangledbanner, and Zoffany and is followed by a draft of older horses headed by entries from HH The Aga Khan.
The second day is dedicated to breeding stock and includes several Aga Khan re-entries from the November Breeding Stock Sale as well as mares in foal to Magna Grecia, New Bay, Camelot, Acclamation and many more, including possibly the last mare to be sold in foal to Zoffany, consigned by Moyglare Stud.
Particular highlights among the fillies and mares catalogued include:
• Lot 140 Soft Lips: Dam of Group placed two-year-old in 2020, in foal to New Bay. From Whitethorn Bloodstock
• Lot 141 Margarita: Full sister to Soviet Song, in foal to Starspangledbanner. From Marlhill House Stud
• Lot 145 Kitkitty: Well related filly, closely related to 2020 Group winner Al Aasy. From Baroda Stud.
• Lot 155 Royal Free Hotel: Winning filly from the family of Simply Perfect. From Railstown Stud.
• Lot 161 Magic Chegaga: Winning filly from the family of Casual Conquest. From Moyglare Stud.
• Lot 163 Musical Rue: Winning filly from the family of Finsceal Beo. From Rathbride Stables.
• Lot 190 Gracefully Done: Daughter of a Group 1 winner, in foal to Ten Sovereigns. From The Castlebridge Consignment
• Lot 193 Shehreen: Winning filly, half-sister to two Group winners. From HH Aga Khan Studs.
• Lot 197 Shringara: Winning filly from the family of Youmzain. From The Castlebridge Consignment.
• Lot 204 Pirita: Half-sister to four Group and Listed winners, in foal to Starspangledbanner. From Moyglare Stud.
• Lot 214 Topaz Clear: Pivotal half-sister to Forgotten Rules, in foal to Zoffany. From Moyglare Stud.
• Lot 219 Rose Tinted Sand: Siyouni daughter of Group winning half-sister to Casual Conquest. From Moyglare Stud.
• Lot 247 Lilting: Winning half-sister to Montare, in foal to Magna Grecia. From Stanley Lodge.
• Lot 253 Rubira: Listed winner by Lope De Vega, in foal to New Bay. From Baroda Stud.
There will be no horses, vendors or purchasers at Goffs for Part 1 of the February Sale.
Prospective buyers must register to bid online at GoffsOnline.com.
Registrations open one week prior to the sale and must be made by 5pm on Monday 8 February.
Telephone bidding is also available via the Goffs team, and potential purchasers who wish to avail of this service should contact Rae Lawless at Goffs [email protected].
Videos, photos and veterinary documentation will be available for every lot on the Goffs website in advance of the sale.
PART 2: WEANLINGS 2 March 2021 at Kildare Paddocks Part 2 of the February Sale is a full day of weanlings with 223 Lots well divided between Flat and National Hunt offering pinhookers another superb opportunity to fill orders at a proven sale. Flat sires include Acclamation Australia, Dandy Man, Exceed And Excel, Expert Eye, Fastnet Rock, Footstepsinthesand, Harry Angel, Kodiac, Le Havre, Lope De Vega, Mastercraftsman, Mehmas, Nathaniel, Pivotal, Saxon Warrior, Showcasing, Starspangledbanner, Teofilo, Zoffany, and Zoustar, while the National Hunt sire profile includes Court Cave, Doyen, Getaway, Idaho, Jet Away, Jukebox Jury, Milan, Order Of St George, Telescope, Walk In The Park, Westerner, Yeats etc. Highlights among the flat weanlings include:
• Lot 311: Harry Angel colt, second foal of a black type sister to Lightning Spear. From Baroda Stud.
• Lot 321: Expert Eye colt, half-brother to a Group 3 winner. From Meadowlands Stud.
• Lot 346: Kodiac colt, half-brother to Listed winner Miss Celestial and 2020 2yo winner Port Sunlight. From Moyglare Stud.
• Lot 347: Fascinating Rock colt, half-brother to Group 1 winner Wizz Kid. From Tullogher House.
• Lot 355: Muhaarar colt, out of a Group 3 winning and Classic placed dam. From Moyglare Stud.
• Lot 374: Exceed And Excel filly, half-sister to Listed winner Copper Knight. From Wardstown Stud.
• Lot 386: Dandy Man colt, half-brother to Group 3 winner Max Vega. From Stanley Lodge.
• Lot 409: Teofilo colt, half-brother to Listed winner and Group 1 placed Tom Melbourne. From Platinum Bloodstock.
• Lot 433: Lope De Vega colt, first foal out of a winning half-sister to two Group winners. From Moyglare Stud.
• Lot 443: National Defence colt, half-brother to 2020 Group 3 winner With Thanks. From Railstown Stud.
• Lot 507: Fastnet Rock colt, first foal out of a winning half-sister to three Group and Listed winners. From Moyglare Stud. Highlights among the National Hunt weanlings include:
• Lot 337: Doyen colt, full-brother to Listed Bumper winner Rapid Escape. From Rossenarra Stud.
• Lot 361: Idaho colt, half-brother to Listed hurdle winner Bannixtown Glory. From Railstown Stud.
• Lot 375: Getaway filly, out of a half-sister to recent Grade 1 winner Silver Streak. From Cleaboy Stud & Coppice Farm.
• Lot 404: Order Of St George filly, half-sister to Grade 2 hurdle winner My Sister Sarah. From Cleaboy Stud & Coppice Farm.
• Lot 426: Vadamos filly, half-sister to Grade 2 chase winner Fitzhenry. From Cleaboy Stud & Coppice Farm.
• Lot 492: Order Of St George colt, half-brother to Grade 3 hurdle winner Arthurian Legend. From Cleaboy Stud & Coppice Farm.
Those attending the onsite sale on 2 March must complete a health questionnaire on the Goffs website in advance.
Strict Covid-19 safety protocols will be in place on the Goffs complex which must be adhered to without exception.
Commenting on the publication of the February catalogues, Goffs Group Chief Executive Henry Beeby said:
“Goffs February Sale is consistently the market leading mid-winter sale in Europe and, while the format this year may be different due to the ongoing Covid-19 lockdown restrictions, the quality remains unchanged and we are delighted to present two strong catalogues that should hold great appeal for pinhookers and end-users at home and abroad.
We very much hope to return to our scheduled onsite sales at Goffs for the remainder of 2021, however for now our Goffs Online platform, which received such positive feedback throughout the Autumn, is a proven vehicle to buy and sell the categories of horses featured in the Part 1 catalogue during our live online sale, and then we look forward to welcoming horses, vendors and buyers back to Kildare Paddocks for Part 2 of the sale on 2 March for our live onsite sale which will also be supported by Goffs Online”.