2020 Godolphin Stud & Stable Staff Awards News - Ed Chamberlin confirmed as host for 2020 Godolphin Stud & Stable Staff Awards
ITV Racings Ed Chamberlin will once again host the Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards it has been announced today, with just two weeks left of the nomination period.
The BAFTA-winning presenter last compaired in 2018 and will host the awards on Monday 24 February 2020 at The Underglobe, which is directly beneath Shakespeares Globe on Londons South Bank.
Nominations for the 2020 Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards close on Tuesday 12 November and can be made by anyone on behalf of anyone working in a yard or stud online at the Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards website, studandstablestaffawards.co.uk.
Sponsored by Godolphin and run by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) in association with the Racing Post and Racing TV, the awards provide total prize money of 128,000 pounds with up to 40,000 pounds available to a single yard or stud.
Ed Chamberlin said: It will be a real thrill to present the awards again in 2020 and it is always one of the great nights of the year. Those who look after racings equine stars have always been an integral part of ITV Racings coverage, and I have no doubt we will hear more inspirational examples of their love and passion for racing in February at the awards ceremony. And, this is just a reminder to please nominate.
There have also been further changes to the constitution of the Judging Panel for the 2020 Awards. Tabbi Smith of The National Stud has stepped down and will be replaced by amateur jockey Captain Guy Disney, a member of the sport's Diversity in Racing Steering Group.
Rishi Persad has also had to step down due to other commitments and will be replaced by esteemed racing presenter and seven-time HWPA Broadcaster of the Year Nick Luck.
Notes to editors:
1. The categories are: Leadership Award, Dedication Award, Rider/Groom Award, Stud Staff, Rory MacDonald Award and David Nicholson Newcomer Award (n.b. the David Nicholson Newcomer Award is for people who entered racing within the last three years).
2. The Rory MacDonald Award recognises any individual connected directly or indirectly within horseracing, including auxiliary and administrative staff who has made an outstanding contribution to either the racehorses or to the lives of those working within the industry, or on racing poundss behalf, in local communities showcasing the social responsibility of our sport, for either equine, humans or both.
3. The winner of each of the first four categories will receive a prize of 5,000 pounds with an additional 5,000 also being awarded to the winners yard or stud. Two runners-up in each of these categories will win 2,000 pounds each, with the same amount going to their yard or stud.
4. The winner of the Rory MacDonald Award will receive 5,000 pounds, with the same going to a charity of their choice. The two runners-up will receive 2,000 pounds, with the same going to a charity of their choice.
5. The winner of the David Nicholson Newcomer Award will receive 2,000 pounds, with the same amount going to their yard or stud, while two runners-up will receive 1,000 pounds each, with the same amount for their yard. There is an additional prize for the winner of the David Nicholson Newcomer Award, which includes return flights, a five-day educational tour of Dubai together with five nights accommodation in a five-star hotel.
6. The Awards will also recognise an Employee of the Year, who will be selected from the winners of the first four categories. That winner will receive an additional prize of 15,000 pounds with the same amount going to their yard or stud.